If you have already prepared a language test, don’t print it unless you check the following points. Then, you may go ahead to print it or improve it before printing. You should ensure that your test:
- Follows the specifications assigned for preparing the language tests.
- Measures the achievement of the desired objectives.
- Tests what it ought to test and measures what it is supposed to measure.
- Covers all items that have been taught or studied and includes items from different areas of the syllabus.
- Tests vocabulary as well as grammar.
- Includes everyday and communicative language.
- Is neither too difficult nor too easy but progressive in difficulty.
- Is appropriate in length for the allocated time.
- Tells students what to do exactly and in a clear way.
- Is easy to be conducted and scored without wasting too much time or effort.
- Produces the same results if it is given twice to same students under the same conditions.