A Successful Teacher of English should do the Following before getting into the class to teach a lesson:
- Be aware of the aims of teaching English in his country and in the educational stage he works in.
- Read the lesson on SB and answer the exercises on it on WB
- Prepare the lesson in writing knowing what to do exactly and how to do that.
- Prepare at least one teaching aid (e.g. word & picture cards) to facilitate learning and activate students.
- Read the learning outcomes of the whole unit.
- Set two or three behavioral objectives for students to achieve at the end of the lesson.
- Listen to and prepare the audio files beforehand checking the pronunciation of each word in the lesson.
- Be aware of the specifications for the exams and prepare related questions to train students.
- Be aware of the monthly distribution of the syllabus and cover it.
- Get a look at the teacher’s book to know the guidelines for teaching the lesson.
- Have an assessment sheet to assess students by marks in each lesson.
What else should the teacher do before going ahead to the class to teach a lesson? Waiting for More Suggestions from YOU.